Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Penguins Win!



I have been so excited watching the NHL playoffs this year. A bunch of the series went to 7 games and there was just some great hockey being played. When Becky and I started getting into hockey we watched a few NHL games and I really started to like the Pittsburgh Penguins. I have watched them the last few years. I am so stoked that they won the Stanley Cup this year and did it in an amazing game 7 at the Joe in Detroit. Detroit had gone 11-0 at home during the playoffs and I was nervous that the Pens would not be up to the task. Fleury was amazing and made every stop that he had to including a small break away from Hossa that he stopped. Malkin and Crosby did well but they had guys on them all the time so you knew that in order to win someone would have to step up. That guy was Maxime Talbot, he rocked two goals in game seven to lift Pittsburgh over Detroit. I wanted to post a video of the last two saves from Fleury but I can't find one. So I hope that you get a chance to see them, Fleury made an incredible diving save to end the game and I am still in awe over it.

No comments: