Thursday, February 9, 2012

Phi Alpha Theta

Earlier this week I decided to join Phi Alpha Theta which is the National History Honor Society. I was asked to join others but thought that this was the right fit for me. When I joined the advisor asked if I wanted to present my paper on Slavery in Utah at the Pacific Northwest Regional Conference in April. I told her that I thought it would be exciting but that I wasn't ready but maybe next year. Today I had a fellow student ask me if I was going to present my research at the conference and I told her that I didn't think that it was refined enough to do so. I then ran into the advisor again and she said that she had talked to a professor who had seen my paper and that he suggested that she invite me again. I was still unsure about my progress and research and told her that I would have to think about it. Then this afternoon I met with one of my professors about my paper and the first thing he asked me was if I was going to present my research at the Phi Alpha Theta Pacific Northwest Regional Conference. I told him that multiple people have been asking but that I was nervous. He assured me that the topic was excellent and that my research had already yielded unusual results. After talking it over with him I decided to go ahead with presenting at the conference. I had to have an abstract in by tomorrow (which I have posted on my other blog) and I am leaving tomorrow to do more research in Salt Lake. I am really busy with school, the apartments, the museum and the my family but I feel so productive. Lets hope I can get this paper finished by March!

UPDATE
My abstract was accepted, I am headed to the Pacific Nortwest Regional Conference to present my research on slavery in Utah. If you want a more focused idea of what I am doing click on the link above and read my abstract and, below that, proposal.

1 comment:

The VIPs said...

YAY for my smart husband!