Friday, February 5, 2010

This is the Summer of VIP!


I am so stoked right now. For the past few months we have been treading water. As you read my blog you have seen indecision at it's best. Becky and I have tried and tried to go where we felt like we needed to be but everything felt uncertain. We started with Boise.biz and that didn't feel right but nothing else was there. Later we were offered a job with the Weiser Signal American, which we took to get away from Boise.biz, until we found that the owner had lied about the money situation. The day we found out that there was a problem in Weiser, Boise.biz called and offered a salary if I came back. That meant not moving to Weiser and staying close to a Target (ask Becky about that). This whole time we were praying and trying to follow the direction that we thought was right. Three weeks ago my boss from Boise.biz called and told me that they had to take my salary away and that they were selling the company. I would be 100% commission with no benefits. We were bummed and didn't know where to go from there. We decided to fast that Sunday. On Monday morning a client of mine from the Statesman called and said that he had heard that I wasn't working at the Statesman and wanted to offer me a job. On Tuesday, out of the blue, a chick called and told me that she had heard about me from a friend and wanted to talk to me about a job opportunity with the Boise Weekly. As we went through the interview process for the upteenth time we started to feel that our journey was ending. You see for the past few weeks Becky and I had both been telling each other that there was something on the horizon, we could feel it. I am not sure that this is the end for us but things are looking up. Monday morning I will drive into downtown Boise to start my new job at the Boise Weekly, selling advertising for an entertainment newspaper. I think that this is a great fit for me and I am so happy to have the opportunity. I am grateful for fasting and the blessings in my life. This IS the summer of VIP!

2 comments:

The VIPs said...

first- "the summer of VIP" is yet another tv sitcom reference that will have your Mom totally confused.

second- that pic of the Weekly is awesome

third- I'm way excited about all this

MaudieV said...

first--I had no idea it was a tv sitcom reference until Becky made a comment. (thanks Becky, I think)

second-I hope your boss at the weekly doesn't mind being called a 'chick'. That's just from a school teacher's point of view.

third--I am also excited for your future 'Summer of VIP'

Love ya,
mom