Saturday, February 27, 2010

mY mUsIc

Becky informed me the other day that she doesn't listen to the music on my page. She said that she opens so many windows with different blogs that it gets to be too much so she tends to just turn the sound on the computer off. I was a little bummed about that because I go to so much work to mesh my music with my post. I am not sure that anyone even notices, now that Becky has told me that she doesn't, but it makes me feel good. I love music and picking out the music to go with each post is part of blogging for me. I take a lot of pride in picking just the right song, from well known Dave Matthews Band to the most obscure band just to make it fit. Now you may not notice right off the bat but every song has a tie to the post itself. My most favorite is the post about moving to Weiser. I picked "Say it Ain't so" by WEEZER which was a double entendre for me not wanting to go to Weiser and the band was WEEZER (I know that is not the exact meaning of double entendre) (Lyric won't even know what that means, look it up on google). Putting the perfect pairing together is so much fun for me. So whether you listen to the music or not does not make any difference to me because it is what keeps me blogging. Half the time it is a song that gets me to put a post together in the first place. I have tons of songs just running through my head with blogs waiting to come out. I can't wait to see what comes next.

6 comments:

The Henriksons said...

Sorry! I tend to do the same as Becky and turn the music down because it all starts to pile up on top of each other!! But whatever keeps you blogging!! Millie

The VIPs said...

Sorry- I'll try to be better

: )

SL&G said...

Thanks for the shout out! I don't know what it means but I will google it! Silly Brother

MaudieV said...

So what does 'suicide' have to do with your blog. I'm the confused one now.

Vip said...

It doesn't have anything to do with it. The lyrics do and that is the tie. It isn't always the title that makes the tie mom, come on and get with the program

Ariane said...

I've always listened to the song on your blog since the Weezer/Weiser post. I find it my duty since Justin called me when I didn't comment on it because I too used to turn off the sound. He thought for sure I would catch the irony. I appreciate your artistic postings Justin.