Monday, August 30, 2010

August Has Been Rough...

I have been attached to my phone and specifically twitter trying to find out what has been going on with BYU going independent. We are getting down to the wire and I am not sure what they are planning on doing.

My opinion on this issue is that BYU should go indy and leave the MWC behind. After reading all of the backlash from other conference newspapers I am a little disillusioned by these schools. Maybe I have missed something here but with BYU pulling in 85% of the MWC revenue but only receiving 12% of that, I would think that every school in the conference would see that BYU deserves a bigger piece of the pie or get out while they can.

Another thing that is bothering me is the idea that the MWC won't make any concessions to keep BYU in the conference. After looking at the numbers it is staggering that 704,000 homes out of the 840,000 that get The Mtn network are from Utah. The MWC might want to do something about keeping BYU instead of losing them. But hey what do I know, I am just a blue goggled fan.

No comments: