Monday, February 7, 2011

"Big Changes" is my Middle Name

Some big changes are coming our way again. I cannot speak about them at this time but I am so excited that I couldn't help but post this. As I was thinking about it though I got to thinking that this is the third "Big Change" that we have encountered in the past couple of years. I know that the Lord has something BIG in store for us. Sometimes I feel that we are winding our way down a slowly moving river. We can't see beyond the next bend but we know that the river continues to flow because we we can feel the movement. As soon as we come around the next bend we see the water picking up speed and heading right for a waterfall. We try to paddle against the current but there is no such luck, we are headed for the waterfall. We give in and the ride gets faster and more turbulent. We do everything to prepare ourselves for going over the edge and then we are there and everything happens so fast. We are tossed all over and even lose a few things but when we collect ourselves we are back in the boat on a gently flowing river. As we look back at the waterfall it doesn't look as scary as it did from the front side when we couldn't see the drop. We are coming up on that waterfall now and we are nervous. We know that the Lord will take care of us as he always does and for that I am truly grateful.

4 comments:

The Henriksons said...

Kind of unfair to say big changes are coming and then to not say what they are!! I will be anxiously awaiting your next post! Millie

Ariane said...

I'm excited for you. It is great that we have the knowledge of a greater plan to help us "roll with the changes."

Vip said...

The post will be coming and everyone will know what is going on shortly. I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father that cares enough to let me know that he knows me personally.

The VIPs said...

I just wish someone would give me a map of this crazy river