Thursday, April 9, 2009

My job is better than your job!


For those of you who are wondering how my new job is going, I thought that I could just take a minute and tell you. It is awesome! I have had some transition with my old territory and the new rep but I think that things are going smoothly there. The new job consists of hitting the streets around 9am and knocking doors until 4pm. Now to some of you this may sound a little daunting but to me it is great to get out and meet new people and find out what the paper can do for them. This is the end of week two in this new position and I am really having a lot of fun with it. My buddy Matt and I are both new business reps and we have gone on a few "four legged" calls and I would have to say that they have been our most productive calls that we have made. So far everyone has been receptive to the idea and we haven't been kicked out of a business yet. I do believe that sales is my true calling and in this type of environment (new business) I do really well. So far in last two weeks I have signed three new businesses up to advertise with the Statesman and have gone on 75 new business calls. This new job is rockin and I am having a blast. Now if someone could only save this post for me so a year from now when I hate it I can re-read it.

3 comments:

SL&G said...

Glad to here that things are going well! Keep up the good work!

The VIPs said...

ha! love the bottom picture

Vip said...

Thanks you guys, both comments are nice.