Wednesday, October 29, 2008

First Office Post

I have thought that since I usually do this blog at work that I am going to have to do some work related post to make it look like I am working. Also we have a lot of fun at work and are pulling pranks on each other all the time. I am thinking that I should introduce my buddies so that when I talk about them you all will know who they are. There are three of us and we are known by many names around the office; The Sandlot Boys, The Boys, Rat Pack (not so much since Kevin left and there are only three of us now), Kids (usually not a good one), and Children (usually used by the middle aged women who don't like us very much). We all use to sit in the same cubicle and everyone called it the "locker room". We really didn't like that so it never stuck but a lot of people still call it that. So since Halloween is Friday and I will be taking pictures to show I thought that I would use the next couple of days to introduce my blog readers to my partners in crime here at the Idaho Statesman.
Landon
Landon is a crazy kid. We started here together and so we went through training together. I really hated Landon to begin with because he would skip our training and I would have to go and explain why he wasn't there. One time we were in a role play meeting that was going on 3 hours. It was just the two of us and the trainer. The trainer was being really tough and this was Landon's first sales job so he wasn't doing that great. Finally the trainer took Landon over the edge and He freaked out and yelled "I don't know, Let Vip do it I'm done." and sat back in his chair with his arms folded all ticked off. It was really funny and I kind of started to feel bad for him. I now think that he is one of the funniest kids ever and actually reminds me of a mutual friend that we both have, Pat Crawford. Once I knew he was friends with Pat I knew how to deal with him and things have gone better for the past two years. I have a lot of stories about Landon but there are a couple that I really like. A bunch of us were eating at a Thai food restaurant (which Landon hates Thai food) and we were almost done with our lunch when a manager of ours walked in with some other co-workers. Landon saw this manager and yelled out "RICK, RICK" with his hands high in the air trying to get his attention. We all looked back at this manager and then back at Landon who was desperately trying to get his attention. I then told Landon that the manager's name was Chuck. Landon looked confused and said "oh Rick was the guy before Chuck." and Matt (who I will talk about tomorrow) said "No, that was Michelle". Landon is always doing stuff like that. He is one of the funniest kids I know and I am glad that I got over that first couple of weeks with him so that we could move on to being friends.


2 comments:

The VIPs said...

I love that the main picture you used for Landon is his "special" picture

The VIPs said...

yeah, those pictures just make me laugh. I love Landon. Oh, and congratulations on reaching a second page with your blog! woo hoo