Thursday, October 30, 2008

Second Office Post

Matt
Matt is an interesting guy. He works at the Statesman by day but on Fridays teaches communications 101 at BSU. For his thesis he wrote a rock opera which he sold 1000's of cd's and performed the opera several times in front huge crowds. He is funny to me because you would never know that he teaches a college class or that he is a rock star either. This last summer he put out his second cd which was another rock opera about racism called Blood Red. He speaks in a weird language when he is with us which is to shorten words then ad weird ending thus making the word longer then it started out to be. I can't tell if this is a rock star thing or a comm major thing. I do get along well with Matt because of his love of music and Monty Python movies. He is constantly making fun of my "hippie" music tastes as well as my "hippie" shoes with no backs. One of the coolest times with Matt was this past summer when he was releasing his cd because I was able to see things from the inside. He was just really cool for a guy like me who loves music to see how this all works.

No comments: