Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Expensive Hobby


I think that I have always been into music, I can thank my family for that. For as long as I can remember we would go to the Vipperman Reunion and all of my uncles and my dad would play music and sing. We would have such a great time and I have learned over the years to really pick out the good in all types of music. My music tastes of changed over the years but when I was in my early teens I found a genre that I haven't been able to let go, jam bands. Now this post is not about what music I like or what I think that you should listen to. It is however about a hobby or collection that I would love to start and this stems from that love of music and super cool bands. I would love to collect concert posters of some of the great bands from the 60's and 70's. I have talked to Becky about doing this and in the beginning she was on board, but as we have looked into it we have found that these posters are very expensive. There must be a need for them since they are so much money. When Becky and I were at Haight-Ashbury we ran into a couple of little shops that sold reproductions of these posters but they were around $40.00 to $50.00 and I thought that was a little too much for a reproduction. Now I know that this was a pretty good deal because you can't find a reproduction of a Grateful Dead, Pink Floyd, or Jefferson Airplane poster for less than $100.00. I continue my search for these but only at work as to not get that look from Becky that I shouldn't even be thinking about it. I have put a few of my favorites up here. They are all Grateful Dead posters but I do have some other bands that I would like to have, these were just the ones that I have on my work computer.

2 comments:

The VIPs said...

you can look and dream all you want babe. I do it with houses and furniture every day. Love ya

The VIPs said...

hey! you!