Friday, November 7, 2008

TCU vs Utah

As usual Utah found a way to pull this game out in the final minutes of the game. Matt and I watched this game at my last night. It was fun but the problem that we both had, was rooting for Utah or TCU. I have grown up hating the U since I am a BYU fan and Matt just hates the Mountain West Conference. I was thinking as Utah was driving in the final minutes that they are similar to BSU in the way that they seem to always find a way to pull out a win. It doesn't surprise me that TCU couldn't move the ball and it just backsup my thoughts that BYU should have blitzed more and gotten more preasure on Dalton. He is not very good when he is preasured. What does surprise me is that Utah scored like they did in the final minutes of play. How does a defense that is dominating a game allow a score at the end of the game when the game is on the line. BJ made some dumb throws into double and triple coverage that last drive (I know that Mad Max does this all time and it drives me crazy there as well) and TCU still couldn't stop it. Even the touchdown wasn't to the open receiver but to Brown who had a TCU defender all over him. As much as I hate to do this I must congragulate Utah on a good win. I also have to say that after watching that game last night I am much more confident that BYU could come out of Rice-Eccles with a win.

I also want to thank Matt for a great game experience last night as well. There was no BYU bashing and neither of us wanted to root for Utah but felt that it was the best thing for our respected teams. We had a good time and even a great discussion on politics, which I know is a party faux pas but it was really good.

4 comments:

The VIPs said...

it was a fun time, sorry for my lumpy cheese pasta :)

The VIPs said...

by the way- I'm still loving the first song on your list.

Vip said...

Yeah it was a great time. Matt was raving about your pasta and I told him that you felt bad that it didn't turn out and he just kept going on about it. And didn't I tell you that David Bowie is the AMAZING!

SL&G said...

I agree... I had to keep reminding myself that a Utah win was actually a good thing.