Thursday, November 6, 2008

Why I hate Boise State...continued

In my last post about Boise State I talked about how my family has been with BSU and why that has driven me from rooting for Boise but there are other reasons as well. One of the reasons is that the BSU team that I was so proud of when I was going to school here has changed. They always ran up the score on teams and they always played with extra intensity but now it seems that they are very dirty in there play. I don't watch every game but I do watch most of them and I have seen some dirty things from players the last couple of years. To name a few I have watched Boise players pushing guys after the play is over while they are on the ground. One night I watched a BSU player who was on top of an opposing player grab the face mask of the opposing player and say something to him them push the face mask to the ground. They never help opposing teams up from the ground after plays. This stuff drives me crazy as it seems that they are a team full thugs. I have stopped watching their games because of this. I really get so upset and it is hard for me to root for a team that plays this way. For my own sanity I have limited my BSU game watching, if I find myself getting upset early I turn the channel. I may come back but if I get upset at a call or non-call or a dirty play then I try to shut it off all together.
There are other reasons for me not to like BSU but I am trying to make this an installment so I am drawing it out. I also wanted everyone who reads this that there are mulitple reasons and not just the one they think which is that BSU beat BYU twice. There really is more to this hatred and although my family happens to be the majority there are some smaller reasons behind it.

1 comment:

SL&G said...

Well said. It will be great when it all catches up to them when they have a down year and everyone is running up the score on them! When that happens, we'll be glued to every game.