Tuesday, December 23, 2008

All is not lost!

I decided not to blog about the BYU v Arizona game for obvious reasons. I was not happy about the outcome and felt that I had been lied to by a couple of wins that I thought were signature wins. Come to find out BYU is not the team I thought they were and I think that a lot of work is going to have to be done during the off-season otherwise we could have a very mediocre season next year with a senior heavy team that has tasted success.

On the other hand I have been holding out that TCU would beat BSU and make my bowl season at least half way decent. Tonight that dream became a reality and I can go on living in Boise. It wasn't the most pretty game but it was a hard fought and very exciting game. I am happy with the results but have come to the realization that BSU is a better team then I had thought. The big result is that I really think that TCU is the best team in the MWC and I don't know how they lost to Utah.

Going forward I can now look to next season and hope that BYU can find what they need to dominate the MWC next year. Also NFL playoffs are right around the corner and Hockey starts on NBC in January with a game at Wrigley field, that's right they will play that game outside on a baseball field similar to what they did last year in Buffalo when it snowed the whole game. I am excited to get out of the NCAA football season the way I did, it could have been a lot worse.

5 comments:

The VIPs said...

good post babe. I'm glad to have you in a better mood. : )

Vip said...

I was never in a bad mood, I was reserving my bad mood for when BSU won. I thought I did pretty well with the BYU loss, at least better than normal.

ALN said...

So I was quite surprised to see that BYU lost. First thoughts went to VIP when I saw that, imagining how incredibly frustrating it must've been. I guess some years are like this. Now to BSU, honestly I think that they sucked ass last night! If you're going to make a case you have to shove it down the other guy's throat. BSU looked like a bunch of pansies who forgot how to hit somebody. Where the hell were the linebackers when TCU was scooting around the outside over and over again? TCU was not that great of a team. I won't say I think they were stellar because they weren't. Their offense overall was not that great, their QB was inconsistent as was their passing game. They won on the ground and they did so in great measure because BSU's defense didn't show up. I wasn't impressed with either team. I thought the whole thing was lame. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying BSU deserves a bit of credit either. Inconsistency, mistakes, a weak defense that decides not to play football, and let's not discuss pulling one from the '80s era Denver Broncos trying to win football games with field goals! To top it all off I had to listen to Mark May running off at the mouth. The pundits can shove it! Games are decided on the field, sometimes disgracefully as was evidenced by last night. I mean when the D line gets an interception there's something wrong with the game as a whole. I'm not bitter! Not at all! Well maybe a little! Sorry BYU lost VIP. Happy Christmas to you and your family and I'll see you next week!

SL&G said...

Mountain West: 2
WAC: 0

Bring it WAC posers. Bring it.

Vip said...

Tony, the linebackers were out of position because TCU was faster then BSU. It wasn't because they forgot how to hit or because they didn't play well. I thought that BSU totally played their game and TCU was just better. TCU dominated the stats and ran all over BSU and BSU couldn't run their trick plays because they don't work against better conferences like the MWC. It was a great game and I respect your opinion but I think that BSU got all they could handle in TCU.