Wednesday, December 3, 2008

BYU, Boise State, and Bowl Games

Well after the loss to Utah I have not wanted to think about BYU football but I am dragging myself to the computer and am going to give you my two cents about where they should go. I am bummed that it looks like BYU is going to the Las Vegas bowl but really I am more upset that the LV bowl is for the conference champion and TCU is by far the best team in the MWC this year yet they are going to end up in San Diego. I really think that TCU should be going to Vegas and BYU going to San Diego just because BYU doesn't deserve the better bowl game (my thinking is that Las Vegas is better than the Poinsettia Bowl) and TCU does. On that not I think that TCU will kick BSU's trash if that is who they end up playing. I am not prepared to say that BYU will even hang with Boise State after the loss to Utah and TCU. I have said before that BSU has entered into to a pact with the devil and so they cannot lose therefore I think that it would be a tough game for BYU. After seeing TCU play this year though I don't think that there is anyway that Boise State can keep up with TCU's speed.

Boise State has spent the past week trying to get Ball State to come to Boise for the Humanitarian Bowl and today Ball State said that they were not going to do that. I think that is smart, Ball State should not have to play BSU on their home field. I think that a neutral site would be better. That being said that game would still be a blow out with Boise State winning by at least 21 points. I hate Boise State and I don't want to be telling anyone what they should be doing but I don't think that playing a non-BCS team in a crappy bowl game is the way to gain respect. It would be better for Boise to play in the Humanitarian Bowl against a BCS conference team like Florida State than to play a ranked Ball State. I am sick of people here in Boise saying that BSU needs to play Ball State pitting two undefeated teams together. That is a great idea but it gets you nowhere. Really the best idea is to play TCU in San Diego since they are ranked higher and would give BSU a lot more respect if they beat them (which they wont, see above). I am just saying that everyone needs to stop being so stupid and look at what is best for the team in the long run not which team they can beat.

No comments: