Sunday, December 7, 2008

Simply having a Wonderful Christmas Time

I realize that I have some hippie tendency's but this one I have to blame on my mother. When we were younger she worked at Shopko. We use to go in and see her there and I remember doing a lot of shopping there as well. During Christmas they would play Christmas music that was traditional and contemporary. Shopko would play their music on some type of a rotation and A Wonderful Christmas Time by Paul McCartney would play frequently. My mom started to love that song so she bought a CD that it was on and brought it home so we could listen to it there (as we were going to Shopko to listen to it before). This song has become my favorite Christmas song and when I hear it I am reminded of that Christmas and all the Christmases since. We have started calling it the Vipperman Christmas song and we all love it. It is my families ring tone on my phone and it is the first song on my playlist here. Hopefully my siblings will comment here about their favorite memory of this song so you all can get the full effect of how we feel about this song.

5 comments:

Ariane said...

You're right, it isn't "Christmas Time" until i've heard this song. And the copy Becky made me of the cd is titled Paul McCartney Christmas Time, although I know that is not the real name of the cd mom has. That is what we all know it by though. Love the post Justin!

SL&G said...

Christmas has arrived!!! I love hearing the song play in all the stores and feeling the memories. It just wouldn't be Christmas with out this song.

Vip said...

I thought you all might like this post. I can't wait to hear this song every year it just makes it Christmas for me. I am glad that you all think the same way.

MaudieV said...

You gotta admit, it's just not Christmas until the nativity is up and Paul has sung A Wonderful Christmas!

Vip said...

I would have to agree and that is the reason for this whole post. So is your nativity up then?