Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Office Pranks

We have pulled a few office pranks the last couple of years that I have worked at The Idaho Statesman. These are a few of my favorites and the ones that I came up with and instigated.

This one is a favorite of mine. I did this one to Kevin again after we took his Billy Buttons. He ticked me off one night so I stole his favorite mug and took it home. Becky and I tried and tried to get it to fit in a bowl that we could fill with Jell-O so it would be completely covered but we didn't have any so I ended up filling the cup with four packets of Jell-O and one cup of water. The result was a very firm cup of Jell-O the next morning. I took the cup back with me and put it on Kevin's desk. He didn't notice until about 9:00am when he went to get his coffee. It was funny to watch him because he thought it was full of Mountain Dew at first and touched it really slow. When he noticed that it jiggled he turned it upside down and it didn't come out, it was so funny. It sat there for a couple days because he was being a baby and wouldn't go wash it out. Finally he did and it took a lot to get that Jell-O out out of there.




This joke was a great one because Kevin and I put it together while Landon was on vacation. Landon had a rock garden that we would mess with all the time and he would get so upset. It was really funny to watch him come in and see that we had put G.I. Joes in his rock garden fighting like it was a desert battle. The one time we got dinosaurs and put them in there with mini trees and more rocks. We also took all the sand out of it and just put the rocks in, that time was really funny. It was so funny that while he was on vacation we thought about what we could do to this rock garden. It took us a couple of days but finally it came to us, we would go buy a mini rock garden and shrink everything that he had so it looked like it had shrunk. This was the result and when Landon returned he thought it was pretty funny although he wanted to know where his rock garden was.


This prank wasn't the best thought out one but it used all the pieces from the other times that we had done things so it was pretty funny for us. This is Landon's desk and as you can see he has his rock garden in the corner with a bamboo plant. He left for the afternoon so we took everything that we had put in his garden over the last few months and glued them to his desk. It doesn't seem that funny but think about coming back to your desk and seeing all of this stuff and laughing because you have seen it all before. Then you go to pick it up and you find that they are all glued to your desk and you can't just pick them off. Also Landon is a neat freak so not only did he spend 45 minutes cleaning them off he also spent an hour scrapping glue off his desk. It was very entertaining for Kevin and I to listen to him swear at us for a couple of hours.


3 comments:

The VIPs said...

you guys crack me up. I love hearing all your crazy stories when you get home from work. I'm glad you have such great friends to work with

Anonymous said...

That's good stuff. The most fun I had with Bekker was taunting him about his automatic Porsche. I mean, who in their right mind? REALLY!

acp08 said...

I love these! :O) THanks for sharing!