Friday, January 9, 2009

Austin is leaving, Reed graduates.

Austin Collie will always be one of the greatest receivers to come out of BYU in my book. He is the first player to declare for the NFL since Luke Staley did in 2001. I can't think of another player since then that has had the talent that Collie has. Scott and I have texted "COLLIE!" a million times over the last couple of years. He has been a go to guy on the offense since he was a freshmen and I have never worried about a QB throwing to him because I knew he was going to catch almost anything. I am bummed that he lost his last two games and that one of them was to the team up north. He will be missed at BYU.

It is a good thing though, Collie's stock is up right now and he could go as high as the late second round. Really he could have come out against Oklahoma and had a career ending injury and never make it back. He will now have the opportunity to get paid and not have to worry about injuries without being taken care of. Also maybe now Max will stop looking his way and will be able to throw to some other receivers.


Michael Reed has been one of the best receivers at BYU the last four years. The guy is money! He catches every ball thrown his way and usually has a guy on top of him. He is the most underrated and under used player on the team. I will miss Michael Reed next year almost more then Collie. He has been such a great player without getting the touches that others have gotten. Had Max thrown to him as much as Collie maybe he would hold the receiving record, just a thought.

3 comments:

MaudieV said...

It's really hard for me to leave comments on this blog. That is dad's job to discuss BYU. Maybe I should set him up a blog page so he can add a few comments. Love ya.

The VIPs said...

Hey!!



You're hot.

Vip said...

I really don't expect you to comment mom, it isn't that big of a deal so dont worry about it.

and

Hey!

How you doin?