Sunday, January 11, 2009

My clients are better then your clients!


The other day I went to Hap Tallman's on Overland in Boise. Hap Tallman is a western store where you can get your horse tack, pet medication, western wear and pretty much anything country. They are a client of mine that I recently acquired in the shuffling at the Statesman. I really like going to Hap Tallman because the lady I work with there is awesome. I stop by every couple of weeks just to see what is going on even if they are not doing any advertising that week. On this day I was there to drop off a proof to make sure that the ad we were going to run was correct. While I was waiting for the owner I started walking around and found this interesting piece of "art". It seems to me that it is a mouse riding a chicken. If you notice the mouse has a vest and a hat on with a rope in his hand. I couldn't help but take a picture because it is not everyday that you see this. I have thought about this several times in the past weeks and decided that my clients are the best clients. The owner of Divtoz is also really cool. He calls me up with all sorts of questions on advertising and non-advertising related material. Idaho Angler is a place that I go just to hang out and chat with the guy I do advertising with. The lady at ISU that I go through for their advertising is really cool and I enjoy talking with her. George Fox University is the same way. I really like my job but I think that a lot of it has to do with my clients and their personalities. My clients really are better then your clients, honestly your clients don't have "art" like this.

4 comments:

The VIPs said...

you have got to buy that amazing piece of art and bring it home- a mouse riding a chicken is exactly what we need to fill the space on our mantle

MaudieV said...

Okay, Becky, that was sarcasm if I ever read it.

SL&G said...

Looks good! Maybe you'll have my name for Christmas and you could get me one of those. I'm glad you like your clients. How did Tuccanos go?

Vip said...

I met with Tucanos and they are going to start advertising with us shortly. It was a great meeting and the guy I met with was really cool. Thanks for your help with this Lyric.