Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008 Remembered

2008 was a pretty good year for us. We finalized Audrey's adoption in February and sealed her to us in March. We took a three day weekend to McCall that was a surprise to Becky and we had a great time. We went to Newport, again. We really love the Oregon coast and would live there if I could find a good paying job there but since I can't I guess Boise will have to do.
I had surgery on my knee and after countless hours of telling Becky how stupid it was that I had it done, it feels great and I am really glad that I got it taken care of. I did stay awake during the procedure because Bishop Gines had told me once that if I ever had the chance to watch a surgery like that to take it. I did and I was not disappointed, it was amazing to see how bad my knee was banged up. When Dr. Johnston got in there he ended up taking out 75% of my meniscus which was more than he thought he would have to.

I had my first Fathers Day this year which was amazing and I have to give the credit to my amazing wife for coming up with the perfect day. I hope that I can repay her with an amazing Mothers Day this year (since Mothers Day was already over when she threw me this party). We had a lot of fun and I didn't know that being a father could be so awesome.

We hung out with family at the Willard reunion and although Robert wasn't there we had a great time. We get to spend time with Uncle Eds family here in Boise but the time that we spent together at the reunion was awesome and I feel that we were able to build on are already great relationships. The bad part about the reunion was that it was so hot that everyone was running their AC and blew a fuse in the park. It wouldn't have been so bad if they couldn't find a way to get the power back on to our cabin until Becky had left to stay at her parents house.

We spent a lot of time outdoors and in downtown Boise going to concerts, the farms market, and fun Boise festivals. I love Boise because it has all of these things in one location. You can go from downtown to the foothills to a farm all in about 20 minutes and it has been fun to see it all this year as we have spent more time outside.

We were able to spend some time with Becky's family this year in Baker City Oregon. We had a great time in there with her family and they should think about getting together more often as we always have such a good time with them. We took a train ride on an old train while we there which was really cool.

At the end of July we moved to a bigger house and a longer commute. This house is great and we love everything about it, we just wish that it was closer to town. I now have a 20 minute commute to work and a 45 minute commute home. I do love our house though and it has enough room to let us grow so we won't have to move for awhile.

We were able to see both of our families over Thanksgiving and Christmas and it was awesome. We are so thankful to our parents who let us stay with them when we come down. I know that they would like to see us more but it does make the time that we do see them special. Also my entire family was home for Christmas and it was fun to get to see everyone and socialize with them. We really don't get to see them enough and it is such a great time when we do see them. I had the thought that this will be how it is when we are reunited with our families in the next life and how special it will be with those that we haven't seen in a long time.

Through the trips, the move, and the holidays there has been one common theme...Family. I couldn't have had as much fun this year without my family. Becky and Audrey has made everything that much more fun. From Audrey seeing the seals at the Newport Aquarium to Becky being so surprised that I took a day off of work and took her to a "fancy" hotel in McCall, it has been so fun to spend time with them. It has been a great year and without them it wouldn't have been so great. I am so grateful for both of them in my life and I am glad to have such a great companion to share the rest of my life with. I really couldn't have picked a better mother, wife and best friend. Here's to another great year in 2009.

1 comment:

The VIPs said...

Lovely post babe, you're always so sweet. It has been a fun year. Here's to making 2009 even better!