Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 5

Yesterday I got up and weighed in and I was down to 221. I was mildly excited about this. I didn't really think that I would lose 20 lbs right off the bat but I guess I did think that it would come off quicker with the food I am eating.

I have had some people ask (mom) where I come up with my meals. I received a list of foods that I can eat and I have tried to pair things that I would like to eat. Steak and tomatoes, chicken and cucumbers, steak and cucumbers, chicken and radishes. These are just a few of the foods that I can eat, there is a whole list of them and most of them are pretty good. I can have 5 oz of protein; steak, chicken, lean beef, shrimp, fish and crab. 1 cup of vegetables which include; tomatoes, cucumbers, radishes, beet greens, lettuce, spinach, cabbage, celery and asparagus. 1 slice of 40 calorie bread, if you can't find that then you have to cut a regular piece in half. And then one fruit; apple, orange, half a grapefruit or a handful of strawberries. I have loved the fruit and although I missing chocolate I am not in need of chocolate. I seem to get all my sweet cravings taken care of with fruit. The meals have been good and I have enjoyed coming up with different combinations.

Yesterday I had a half a cup of Cheerios dry. For lunch I had 5 oz of steak and cucumbers with salt and pepper followed by an apple. All day I drank 2 liters of water. For dinner I a hamburger without the bun and a tomato. Dinner yesterday was probably my favorite and it tasted so good. After dinner I had a handful of strawberries which I cut into small pieces so it would feel like I was eating a lot.

I had a rough night last night sleeping. I don't think that it had anything to do with the diet but I am not sure. I was restless and just kept tossing and turning. I feel sick this morning but more congested then anything. Also when I weighed in this morning I was down to 218.6. I was a little excited about this since I broke the 220 mark. I did have a rough day yesterday, telling Becky that I was craving a big piece of cake. Luckily I didn't have any and my weight shows it.

Weight: 218.6 lbs

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Justin! These are amazing numbers!

Vip said...

Thanks Angela, I really appreciate your support. It is not that hard I just have stay strong.