Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The HCG Challenge

Last week I had a guy from church ask me if I had ever heard of HCG. I had heard about it, a guy from a past ward was taking the shots and Boise.biz was in business with HCG in Utah. I didn't know much about it though and figured that this guy from my ward was trying to get me involved in a multi level marketing scheme selling the product. I told him that I wasn't interested in getting involved and tried to move on. This guy from my ward insisted that this was different then the HCG program that Boise.biz was doing. He then asked me what I weighed and I sheepishly told him 235. You see I am not one that has been ashamed of my weight. At one time I was a healthy 160 and I had a lot of fun, but I had reserved myself to thinking that I was older now and that I could let myself go. Over the past 6 months though it seems that a lot of people have taken interest in my weight. I had one of my boys give me a bad time about it almost every Sunday. A few weeks ago I about keeled over on a prep hike for our 50 miler in August. And now this guy was asking about my weight in the Walmart parking lot at 11pm. 235 has snuck up on me and I am not that happy about the way I look but at the same time I wasn't doing anything to stop it either. I always tell everyone that I am married so who do I need to impress. Well the guy started in that I could lose 30 lbs easy and that I should do it. I told him that, from what I understood, I would only get to eat 500 calories a day and that anybody could lose weight only eating 500 calories. He told me that there was more too it then that and that he wanted me to be a testimonial for him. I left that night wondering if I should be offended or not. I went home and told Becky that I was a little offended because where was it this guys business? We discussed it and the more we did the more Becky got mad about it. We talked about it all night and then the next day. She wanted to tell this guy at church that he needed to take a flying leap. At church neither of us said anything, Becky was busy with primary but I just got to thinking that maybe this might be a good idea if I could stick with it. I talked to him at church and told him that I would do it. He was really excited for me but, to be honest, I was a little nervous. I have since done a bunch of research on the product. I do believe that it is safe and I think that it may work if I can stick with it. I am still not sure how this is going to go but I am willing to try it and see how it works. So here is the first post of many on my journey through this process. Becky thinks that I am brave for putting a picture of myself shirtless but I think that it is just part of the whole thing. In order to do this right I need some accountability and what better way then to post this on the internet? I am going to post every day for the next 23-40 days (depending on my weight goal), some will be how I am feeling and some will just be my weight and measurements. Hopefully this is a good experience. WISH ME LUCK!

Weight: 225.4

Waist: 39"

Stomach: 49"

Chest: 46"

Quad: 26"

Bicep: 14"

3 comments:

SL&G said...

Good Luck!!! I'm excited to see how it goes!

Ariane said...

I'm excited to read about your journey. Hope it works!!

The VIPs said...

flying leap is putting it mildly. But if you want to try it I'll support you. Good luck. : )