Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My Dad is Better Then Your Dad!

I missed the Fathers Day post because we were out of town. I have known what I have wanted to say for awhile and today have the time to do it. Dad you are the best dad around. I appreciate what you do for me and my family. I am grateful for the example that you set for not only me and my siblings but also our children. You are a great father with so many admirable qualities. I use you on a daily basis to measure my sales ability as you are a great salesman. Although I never wanted to be a salesman I am honored to share this profession with you. I am grateful for your spirituality and that our kids will grow up knowing their grandfather as a spiritual giant. I am grateful for the time that you make for all of us. Running trips between Boise and Las Vegas gets tiring yet you are always willing and able. I appreciate your sense of humor and know that if it was not for that I would not be the personable kid that I am today. I am grateful for your example of being a great father and husband. You have given me a high bar to aspire to and I appreciate that. You are many things in my book but the one that I value the most is your friendship. I told my teachers this last week, as I gave my lesson on Fathers Day, that I have always been able to talk to you about anything. I don't just feel that you are my dad but also a friend. Thank you for always being there for me, and now for my family. You are a wonderful parent, an excellent friend, and a spiritual rock. I LOVE YOU! Happy Fathers Day!

2 comments:

SL&G said...

Love the post! Love the song choice! So DAD.

The VIPs said...

Aww, a little George Straight huh? Your Dad is great, good post babe.